|Admission Criteria (Spring 2023)|
|Sr. #||Name of Program||Admission Requirements / Basic Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||B.Ed. (Hons) Special Education||A Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent degree with minimum 2nd Division|
|2.||B.Ed. (Hons) ELM||A Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent with minimum 2nd Division.|
|3.||B.Ed. Secondary (1.5 Years)||In order to get admission in this program the applicant must have obtained a degree after 16 years of education preferably in a school subject from an HEC recognized institution with minimum 2nd division in annual system or CGPA 2 out of 4 in semester system.|
|4.||B.Ed. Secondary (1.5 Years) ELM||16-year degree in any school subjects.|
|5.||BS Botany||F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or A-Level with Biology as per UE rules|
|6.||BS Chemistry||F.Sc. (Pre-Medical or Pre-Engineering)/A-Level with Chemistry or equivalents as per UE rules.|
|8.||BS Economics||For students who have done F.A./ F.Sc., I.Com or equivalent in Annual systemMinimum 45% marks in F.A./ F.Sc., I.Com or equivalentFor students who have done F.A./ F.Sc., I.Com or equivalent in Semester systemMinimum 60% marks in F.A./ F.Sc, I.Com or equivalentFor students who have done A-LevelStudent should submit an equivalence certificate from IBCCMinimum 60% Marks (‘A’ Level Equivalence Certificate)|
|9.||BS Information Technology||The minimum requirements for admission in a Bachelor degree program in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Software Engineering, is at least 50% marks in Intermediate (HSSC) examination with Mathematics or equivalent qualification with Mathematics certified by IBCC.|
|10.||BS Islamic Studies||Intermediate or equivalent of education (minimum 2nd Division).|
|11.||BS Mathematics||Intermediate with mathematics or equivalents per UE rules.|
|12.||BS Physics||FSc/A-level with Physics and Mathematics or equivalent, as per UE rules.|
|13.||BS Zoology||The pre-requisite for BS Zoology is F.Sc. (Pre medical) / A-Level with Biology as per UE rules.|
|14.||B.Ed. (Hons) – ELM (Post ADP)||Associate degree in Arts, Associate Degree in Science, Associate Degree in Education, BA/BSc or equivalent|
|15.||BS Botany (Post ADP)||The candidate having Associate Degree in Science with Botany (major) or equivalent as per UE rules and regulations.|
|16.||BS Chemistry (Post ADP)||BSc pre-medical (Zoology, Botany, Chemistry) or pre-engineering (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry) or equivalent as per UE rules OR Associate Degree with at least 15 credit hours of Chemistry and 8 credit hours of Botany, Zoology or 8 credit hours of Mathematics, Physics.|
|17.||BS Mathematics (Post ADP)||Two-year Bachelor Degree with Math-A & Math-B course or Associate Degree in Science with Major Mathematics (at least 18 Credit Hours) and Minor (Physics/Statistics etc.at least 06 credit hours) or equivalent as per UE rules|
|18.||BS English (Post ADP)||Entry requirements:Students having Associate Degree from other institutions and seek admission to Post Associate Degree (English) at UE must have studied at-least 15 Credits in English (major) and 08 credits (minor) in their ADP programme and may need to study maximum THREE/FOUR non- credit (as per requirement of the student/s) deficiency courses (but marks will be visible on the transcript) during their regular course of studies (from V to VIII semesters) either in morning or evening classes as and when feasible/or as deem fit by the Department.Students having passed BA/BSc in 2nd division (14 years of education) seeking admission to BS English (Post ADP) (semester V) offered by UE are eligible to apply for admission). The merit of such candidates will be in accordance with UE rules, however, such students will have to study FOUR deficiency courses either in morning or evening classes or as feasible/deem fit by the Department, however, the students will study deficiency courses with semester- I to semester- IV during their regular program.|
|19.||MBA||The eligibility of standard MBA program is 16 years degree in any discipline with minimum 2nd Division in annual system or CGPA 2.5 out of 4.00 in semester system, from an HEC recognized institution/university. Passing UE entry test as per university policy|
|20.||MPhil Education||Master of Arts degree in Education, Master in Education, BEd (Hons) or equivalent. Fulfill admission requirements as mention in the Rules and Regulations for MPhil/MS. Applicants are also required to pass UE Entry Test|
|21.||MPhil Educational Leadership & Policy Studies||Master of Arts degree in Education, Master in Education, BEd Hons or equivalent Fulfill admission requirements as mention in the Rules and Regulations for MPhil/MS. Applicants are also required to pass UE Entry Test|
|22.||MPhil History, Arts and Cultural Heritage||Minimum CGPA 2.5 out of 4.0 in the semester system or 2nd division in the annual system in BS/MA degree in History, Pakistan Studies, Archaeology, Political Science, or equivalent in any other relevant subject of Arts & Humanities and social sciences.Written Test and Interview or any other requirement notified by UE or HEC from time to time.|
|23.||MS Botany||The pre-requisite for this program is 2-year M.Sc. or 4-year BS in Botany from HEC recognized university or degree awarding institution as per UE rules.Applicants are also required to pass UE Entry Test|
|24.||MS Mathematics||The pre-requisite for this program is 2-years MSc or 4-years BS in Mathematics from HEC recognized university or degree awarding institution as per UE Rules.Applicants are also required to pass UE Entry Test.|
|25.||MS Physics||The pre-requisite for this program is 2 years MSc or 4 years BS in Physics or equivalent from HEC recognized university or degree awarding institution as per UE rules.Applicants are also required to pass UE Entry Test.|
|26.||MS Zoology||The pre-requisite for this program is 2-year MSc or 4-year BS in Zoology from HEC recognized university or degree awarding institution as per UE rules.Applicants are also required to pass UE Entry Test.|
|27.||PhD Botany||Minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in the semester system or first division in the annual system in MPhil/MS/equivalent degree in Botany or relevant fields from HEC recognized universities as per UE rules. The applicants will be required to take UE entry test to meet the qualifying criteria.|
|28.||PhD Chemistry||M. Phil/MS degree in Chemistry or equivalent. Fulfill admission requirements as mention in the UE Rules and Regulations for PhD.|
|29.||PhD History, Arts and Cultural Heritage||For admission in PhD minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in Semester System) or First Division (in Annual System) in M.Phil./M.S degree in History, Pakistan Studies, Archaeology, Political Science or equivalent degree in any other relevant subject of Arts & Humanities and social sciences.Any other admission requirements (written test and interview) as mention in the Rules and Regulations for PhD Program or HEC from time to time.|
|30.||PhD Physics||The prerequisite for the program is Master of Science MS/ MPhil in Physics or 18 years of equivalent Education, from HEC recognized University/Degree Awarding Institution. As per HEC and UE rules a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0 (Semester System) or First Division (Annual System) is required. GAT (General/Subject) conducted by the University of Education, Lahore must be qualified.|
|31.||PhD Zoology||The pre-requisites for this program are basic degree in BS (4 years) or M.Sc. (2 years) in Zoology along with MPhil / MS in relevant fields from HEC recognized universities or degree awarding institutions as per UE rules. GAT (subject) test of University of Education, Lahore must be qualified.|
|32.||PhD Mathematics||The pre-requisite for this program is basic degree in BS (4 years) or MSc (2 years) in Mathematics along with MPhil /MS in relevant fields from HEC Recognized University or degree awarding institution as per HEC policy and UE admission rules.GAT (Subject) test of University of Education, Lahore must be qualified.|
|33.||PhD Education||MPhil/MS degree in Education or equivalent Fulfill admission requirements as mention in the Rules and Regulations for PhD|
|34.||PhD Special Education||MS/MPhil in Special Education. The candidates must fulfill admission requirements as per University Rules and Regulations for PhD.|
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY FOR ONLINE ADMISSION
|The applicants having 3rd division (i.e. less than 45% aggregate marks under annual system or less than 2.00 CGPA under semester system or less than 60% marks under semester system (where CGPA is not available/mentioned)) in the terminal degree are not eligible for admission in any program.The online applications submitted on the basis of incomplete/ awaited result will not be entertained.|
Step 1 (For all the Applicants)
Please read the following instructions carefully before filling the online admission application form.
- Download prospectus from https://www.ue.edu.pk/admissions/2023
- Please check your eligibility from the following URL https://www.ue.edu.pk/admissions/2023 before applying for admission.
- Following documents will be required for completion of online admission form.
- CNIC/B-Form of Candidate
- CNIC of Father/Guardian
- Certificates of Secondary School and Higher Secondary School
- Transcripts of ADP/Bachelor and Master programs (if applying for MS/MPhil/MBA program)
- Transcripts of ADP/Bachelor, Master and MS/MPhil programs (if applying for PhD program)
- Scanned photo in JPEG format upto 50KB size.
- Please note that after pressing the “Submit” button, applicant will not be able to edit the followings; however, the rest of the fields available may be edited.
- Degree Level
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s CNIC
- Father’s Name
- Print the Fee Challan, deposit the prescribed admission processing fee in any branch of The Bank of Punjab (BOP) and get computer generated deposit receipt (Customer Copy).
- Please note that printed application form / computer generated deposit receipt (Customer copy) need not to be submitted to the university but should be kept for record.
- Only those applicants will be considered for admission who have deposited the prescribed admission processing fee.
- Submit separate online application form for each campus/ program/ shift/ quota.
- Separate admission processing fee will be charged for each application form.
- The applicants having unusual or non-standard qualifications (e.g. diploma, certificate, etc.) are required to seek equivalence (prior to applying online for admission) from Quality Enhancement Cell, University of Education, Lahore. They will have to submit equivalence form (which may be downloaded from UE Website (i.e. www.ue.edu.pk)) in Quality Enhancement Cell, University of Education, College Road, Township, Lahore and deposit prescribed fee. For any query regarding equivalence, please contact Quality Enhancement Cell at [email protected].
- Merit Lists and Waiting List will be available on the following URL https://www.ue.edu.pk/admissions/2023 as per scheduled dates mentioned in UE Admission Calendar available in UE Prospectus as well as uploaded on UE website (www.ue.edu.pk)
- For any kind of information, complaint and queries, regarding online admission form, please contact the concerned Division/Campus on the phone number given in the Advertisement/University Website/Prospectus. You may also contact on the following email address.
Email Address: [email protected]
Step 2 (For Successful Applicants i.e. applicants appearing in Merit List)
- The applicants, whose names are displayed in the merit lists, will contact the Admission Incharge of the relevant Division/Campus, along-with original educational documents, CNIC/Form-B and Father/Guardian CNIC, two sets of photocopies of all these documents.
- After completion of verification process, the Admission Office of concerned Division/Campus will issue a fee Challan for deposit of Admission dues (Semester fee).
- The applicant will deposit the fee in any Branch of The Bank of Punjab (BOP) within due dates and get the computer generated deposit receipt (Customer Copy); however, he/she needs not to submit the computer generated deposit receipt (Customer Copy) in the Division/Campus concerned but should be kept for record.
- If an applicant does not submit the Admission dues (Semester dues) within due date, the admission offer shall stand cancelled.
Additional Instructions for Applicants of MS/MPhil/MBA and PhD Programs
- The applicant has to select test center where he/she is interested to apply for the admission of MS/MPhil and PhD program.
- The applicants of MS/MPhil/MBA/PhD will have to appear in UE Entry Test (GAT + Subject based) at concerned UE Division/Campus (where applied for admission) on January 10, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. (Reporting time will be 09:00 a.m. at their concerned UE Division/Campus).
- The applicants of PhD programs are required to take UE Entry Test (Subject Based Test) administered by UE Entry Test Committee. Moreover, the applicants holding valid Graduate Record Examination (GRE) administered by Education Testing Service (ETS)/Education Testing Council (ETC) will be exempted from the UE Entry Test.
- List of successful applicants of MS/MPhil/MBA/PhD will be displayed on the University Website (i.e. www.ue.edu.pk) on January 11, 2023.
- The successful applicants of MS/MPhil/MBA/PhD programs will appear for the interview at concerned UE Division/Campus (where applied for admission) on January 12, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. (Reporting time will be 09:00 a.m. at their concerned UE Division/Campus).
- After interview, 1st merit list of MS/MPhil/MBA/PhD will be displayed on University Website on January 13, 2023 and applicants will have to go through the process given in the Step 2 (For Successful Applicants i.e. applicants appearing in Merit List).
- Any forgery in transcripts or tampering in marks will result in cancellation of application at any stage even after the admission and this will make the applicant ineligible for life time for admission at University of Education, Lahore.
Leave a Reply