Established in 2006, Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the major city of Lahore (population over 5,000,000), Punjab. Officially accredited by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD) is a very small (unirank enrollment range: 500-999 students) co-educational Pakistani higher education institution. Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several fields of study. PIFD provides various academic and non-academic facilities and services to the students including library as well as administrative services.
General Admissions Information ( Undergraduate)
- Admission on Open Merit: All the admissions of eligible applicants shall be made on open inter-se-merit determined on the basis of entry test and interview.
- The Institute shall admit students in Four-Year degree programs according to the schedule advertised in the leading national newspapers, and on the website of the Institute.
- The Institute shall not accept any admission form after the due date fixed for the purpose.
- Applicants with50% marks (550/1100) in Intermediate or equivalent or passing grades in eight subjects (including compulsory subjects) of ‘O Level’ and minimum three main subjects (no subsidiary) of ‘A Level’ only are eligible to apply for admission..
- It is mandatory for ‘A Level’ students to provide (IBCC) Equivalence Certificate. However, if at the time of admission student’s ‘A’ Level result is not declared, the ‘O’ Level Equivalence Certificate must be attached with the admission application.
- Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply for provisional admission.
- The candidates from Punjab will appear in PIFD Main Campus, Lahore.
- The Candidates from other provinces will appear in the centers set up by PIFD at Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta.
- Admisson Form can be downloaded from PIFD website www.pifd.edu.pk. The candidates applying throug downloaded forms will submit their applications along with the Cash /Proof of online payment of Rs. 1700/- in A/C # 50397000268851 (HBL, Expo Centre Branch, Johar Town, Lahore).
- Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design)
- Bachelor of Studies (Fashion Marketing and Merchandising)
- Bachelor of Design (Textile Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Jewellery Design and Gemological Sciences)
- Bachelor of Design (Furniture Design and Manufacture)
- Bachelor of Design (Leather Accessories and Footwear)
- Bachelor of Design (Ceramic and Glass Design).
- Application Forms / Prospectus can be obtained from 4th July, 2023 onwards on payment of Rs. 1500/- or by post against Bank Draft of Rs. 1700/- in favor of Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore.
- Applications forms can also be downloaded from the PIFD website, www.pifd.edu.pk .The candidates applying through downloaded forms will submit their applications along with the Cash / Proof of online payment of Rs. 1700/- in A/C # 50397000268851 (HBL, Expo Centre Branch, Johar Town, Lahore).
- The last date for submission of application forms will be 5th September, 2023.
- Admission Entry / Aptitude Test (English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Drawing and Creating Skills) for candidates across Pakistan will be held on 11th September, 2023 .
- All the applicants will have to appear in the compulsory pre-admission Entry Test followed by an interview in the main campus as well as centers set up at Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta on the dates duly notified.
- Interviews at PIFD Main Campus, Lahore will be conducted on 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th September, 2023.
- First Merit List of selected candidates will be displayed on Notice Boards, PIFD Website and PIFD Facebook Page on 3rd October, 2023.
- Last date for submission of dues (First Merit List): 10th October, 2023 .
- Second Merit List will be displayed on 10th October, 2023(Evening) .
- Last date for submission of dues (Second Merit List): 10th October, 2023 .
- Orientation: 18th October, 2023
- Commencement of Classes: 18th October, 2023
How to apply
- Applicants are required to attach/submit the attested photocopies of the following documents with the application form:
- Matriculation / O-Level Results with Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC .
- Intermediate / A-Level Results and Equivalence Certificate with 50% marks (550/1100) issued by IBCC .
- Combine O/A-Level Results and Equivalence Certificate with 50% marks (550/1100) issued by IBCC .
- Copies of CNIC of Applicant and Father / Guardian
- Character Certificate
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Pages 1-5 of Passport for Foreign Students.
- Monthly Income Certificate of Father/Guardian
- Four attested Passport size colored photographs in light background
- All the applicants are required to bring Entry Test Roll No. Slip.
- After the display of merit list, all the selected applicants are required to bring the original documents, one set of attested copies of these documents and four photographs at the time of depositing the dues during registration.
- The selected candidates will be admitted provisionally and the ‘Verification Committee’ will confirm admission after the verification of the documents. If at any stage, after the admission, it comes to the knowledge of the authorities that the documents presented by the applicant are fake or there is a misstatement or clerical error in the documents, his/her admission will be canceled.
- Admission Forms can be downloaded from the PIFD website www.pifd.edu.pk or may also be obtained from Admission Office, Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, 51-J-III, Johar Town, Lahore – Pakistan, Postal Code: 54782.
- Submit a hard copy of your application through Courier / By Hand to the Admission Office, Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, 51-J-III, Johar Town, Lahore – Pakistan, Postal Code: 54782.
- Phone No: +9242-99232951-7 Ext. 148, 149, 150.
Schedule / Dates
|Admission Activty||Schedule / Dates|
|Advertisement||3rd , 17th 24th July, 2023, 7th and 28th August, 2023|
|Admission Open||4th July, 2023|
|Last Date For Submission of Applications||5th September, 2023|
|Admission Entry / Aptitude Test||11th September, 2023|
|Display of Merit List for Interview||19th September, 2023|
|Interviews||26th, 27th , 28th, 29th and 30th September, 2023|
|Display of First Merit List||3rd October, 2023|
|Last Date For Submission of dues (First Merit List)||10th October, 2023|
|Display of Second Merit List||10th October, 2023 (Evening)|
|Last Date For Submission of dues (Second Merit List)||17th October, 2023|
|Orientation||18th October, 2023|
|Commencement of Classes||18th October, 2023|
|Description||Amount (Rs) 1st Semester||Amount (Rs) 2nd – 8th Semester|
|Admission / Registration Fee (Once at the time of admission)||16,500/-||–|
|Security Deposits (Refundable) (Once at the time of admission)||16,500/-||–|
|Hostel Security (Refundable) (Once at the time of admission in Hostel)||2,000/-||–|
|Tuition Fee||142,000/-||142,000/- *|
|Others (Library & Workshop Fee)||2,000/-||2,000/-|
|Examination Fee per Semester||1,000/-||1,000/-|
* The Increase in Tuition Fee @ 10% is approved by the F & PC of PIFD, in its meeting held on 21st April, 2023 and the Syndicate in its meeting held on 26th May, 2023 as in accordance with the directions of the Senate of PIFD, Lahore
- Transport Charges Rs. 52,000/- per Semester
- Hostel Charges Rs. 132,000/- per Semester (Furnished with A.C, T.V & Refrigerator)
- Hostel Charges Rs. 79,000/- per Semester (Un-furnished/Non-A.C).
- PIFD Financial Assistance Programme (Financial assistance is available for deserving students from 2nd Semester.)
- HEC Need-Based Scholarship Programme
- Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship Project
- National Endowment Scholarship for Talent (NEST)
- Punjab Education Endowment Fund (PEEF)
- Balochistan Education Endowment Fund (BEEF).
Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD) is the premier Institute offering Design Education in Pakistan.
PIFD is focusing on producing design professionals who are deeply collaborative, ethically grounded, emphatically connected and technologically empowered. PIFD has a very clear vision of being in line with the cultural, social and religious values of the communities while imparting quality education to its students. For the promotion of Internationalization, PIFD believes in inclusivity and welcomes students without any discrimination of race, ethnicity and religion around the world.
A special dedication is our concern for international students who move from their homelands for study purposes. International students can apply for admission at PIFD. The international students may apply for equivalence certificate to the concerned forum (IBCC for 12 years qualification & HEC for 16 years qualification) well before applying admission at PIFD so that at the time of their admission application, they have equivalence certificate in their hand.
Facilities & Services
Facilities available for Male & Female Foreign Graduate & Undergraduate Students Including Hostel etc.
- PIFD Hostel facility is available for female students only.
- Institute will help male students to find any suitable accommodation nearby PIFD.
- Free Transportation (Pick & Drop for Hostelite Students only).
|Undergraduate Program||Graduate Program /Master Program|
|Application Processing Fee||US$100 (Non-refundable) one time||US$100 (Non-refundable) one time|
|Admission Fee||US$500 (Non-refundable) onetime||US$500 (Non-refundable) onetime|
|Rate of Tuition Fee||US$3000 per annum excluding all government taxes||US$1500 per annum excluding all government taxes|
|Thesis Fee||–||US$500 (One time only)|
|Lab/ Library charges||US$100||US$100|
|Endowment Fund||US$100 one time||US$100 one time|
|Hostel Fee||US$1300 per annum excluding meals||US$1300 per annum excluding meals|
|Undergraduate Program||Graduate Program /Master Program|
|Eligibility Criteria||All the admissions of eligible candidates shall be made on open inter-se-merit determined on the basis of academic record and Portfolio (if any), assessed by Portfolio Assessment Committee followed by an interview (Online through Zoom, MS Teams etc.).The Institute shall admit students in four year degree programs according to the schedule advertised in the leading national newspaper, and on the website of the Institute as well as on the official Facebook page and other social media.The Institute shall not accept any admission form after the due date fixed for the purpose.Five ‘O’ level (including English, Mathematics and three electives) and three ‘A’ level subjects with 50% marks or equivalent study. Equivalence certificate issued by Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) is mandatory.Specialization / area of study will be selected at the time of admission.Copies of transcripts/ certificates/ degrees.Passport first 4 pages.English language proficiency certificateMedical fitness certificate at the time of admission is required issued by the Government Medical Authority of the respective country.||A candidate seeking admission to the degree must have sixteen years of education or 4 years education after F.A. / F.Sc. / A-Level or equivalent (at least 130 credit hours) with at least Second Division / CGPA 2.50 in the degree on the basis of which admission is requested for admission in MS/M.Phil Degree Program. Equivalence certificate of 16 years’ education issued by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.Copies of transcripts/ certificates/ degrees.Passport first 4 pages.English language proficiency certificate.Two reference letters from the last attended institution.Medical fitness certificate at the time of admission is required issued by the Government Medical Authority of the respective country.|
|Age Limit||No age limit as long as there is no physical or mental handicap||No age limit as long as there is no physical or mental handicap|
|Foreign Seats Reserved||28 seats (04 in each Program)||03 Seats|
|Dates of Commencement of Classes / Semester||The classes for undergraduate Program will start from August / September of every year.||Classes will start in January / February of every year.|
|Schedule for Payment of Fee (one time, monthly or annually etc.)||Admitted candidates will pay their dues / fees on annual basis.||Admitted candidates will pay their dues / fees on annual basis.|